You are here
World Book Online is comprised of World Book Advanced (which now includes World Book Academic), World Book Student, World Book Kids, Encyclopedia Decouverte, Estudiantil, and World Book Timelines and Mobile.
World Book Online delivers a progressive sequence of core databases supported by supplemental tools, such as language translation, graphic organizers, and unique Webquests. Moving from Early World of Learning to World Book Advanced, World Book Online aligns end-users with their appropriate learning levels. Each stand-alone site provides additional features to support the needs of users’ specific capabilities.
World Book combines cutting-edge technology with traditional editorial excellence to produce authoritative, trustworthy, and unbiased content. The digital content is updated in real time and carefully curated for each learning level. Accessible 24/7, the content is available on a variety of devices. World Book Online combines 21st-century instructional techniques with timely information.
By breaking down complex topics and using easily understandable text, World Book Online helps to build fluency and increase comprehension. Featuring single sign-on capability, these sites are paired with highly visual content to engage even the most reluctant reader. Our collection of resources kindles a lifelong learning experience for every user. This adherence to clarity, currency, and accuracy makes World Book’s digital offerings an information hub for the classroom, library, and beyond.
Early World of Learning
- Features interactive, image-based navigation
- Provides Lexile® levels for reading program
- Contains hundreds of games, videos, printable activities, classic stories, and nursery rhymes
World Book Kids
- Includes interactive, image-based navigation and intuitive iconography
- Contains thousands of easy-to-read articles with embedded multimedia
- Features biographies, maps, games, and explorations to introduce STEM topics and promote compare/contrast capabilities
World Book Student
- Enhances articles with embedded multimedia and related resources
- Includes such research tools as personalized digital backpacks, citation builders, and how-to guides
- Features real-time current events, expanded biographies, and geographical resources
World Book Advanced
- Provides a powerful reference tool with access to primary sources, historical
- documents, and online books
- Access to real-time headlines, world newspapers, and advanced assessment tools
- Allows sharing of personalized digital backpack for collaborative work
World Book Timelines
- Create family histories and track science projects
- Generate easy-to-use study guides on historical events
- Craft stunning presentations with pre-generated timelines that include historical notes and a wealth of images and videos
- Integrate content from World Book Student and World Book Advanced
World Book Discover
- How to Do Research? resources for educators and students
- Life Skills section to share information on such various topics as Internet safety, applying for a credit card, and smart consumerism
- Reading comprehension questions to promote deeper understanding of topics and instill confidence
- Provides article content in easy-to-understand sections for increased readability
These include Classics spanning drama, fiction & literature, poetry, and more.
Key features include:
- 24/7 unlimited simultaneous access and downloads for offline reading
- *Download PDFs from World Book Online or other websites to have all your documents in one place.
- Unlike purchase-based models, World Book eBooks are continually updated through the term of your subscription
- Offline notes synchronize with online reader
- Personalize your eBook account with customized Bookshelves
- Annotate and highlight text
- Save annotations, highlights, and bookmarks to individual accounts
- Interactive games, videos and audio clips
Last updated: August 26, 2019