You are here
EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) Renewal 2020-2021
Begins:July 1, 2020
Ends:June 30, 2021
EBSCO Discovery Service is an all-inclusive search solution that makes in-depth research easy. The platform offers sophisticated features and functionality that anticipate user intent, helping them get to exactly what they are looking for quickly and easily.
Features and functionality include:
- Sophisticated Search — Rich metadata and superior relevance ranking technology
- Direct Access to Full Text — One-click access directly through the results list
- Intuitive Interface — Features and technology built on user research
- Superior Integrations — Apps and integrations with multiple platforms
- Exceptional Support — Set up and support from our highly skilled staff
Last updated: April 25, 2020
- IP Authentication
- Remote Access
- Unlimited Authorized Users
To RENEW, no response is required from current subscribers as listed above. To CANCEL or JOIN, libraries should contact BC ELN by the response deadline.
Late joins are welcome.
Pricing and Trial Access
Terms & Conditions
EDS Negotiation Background
Partner libraries who subscribe to EDS are agreeing to the following:
- 1 Year License with a 3-Year Commitment - EBSCO has agreed to an annual license; however, to lock in these deep discounts, BC ELN negotiated a three-year good faith commitment for participants, as has been the case in the past. Of course, in the case of economic emergencies, institutions may drop at the annual renewal with no penalty. July 1, 2020 represents the first year of this three-year term.
- Price increases - Prices will increase 2% each year.
III and EDS
We are aware that EBSCO and Innovative Interfaces, Inc. (III) have joined together to enable tightly-integrated access between EDS and Innovative's Encore Synergy discovery platform, where Encore is the front end system for EDS content. Please note, we have been told that those institutions wishing to work with III on integrated access between Encore and EDS must negotiate with III individually. Those institutions will therefore not be subscribing through BC ELN, nor will they be counted towards the participation discount.