You are here
Canadian Newsstream Renewal 2021-2022
Begins:August 1, 2021
Ends:July 31, 2022
The premier collection of the leading national and regional newspapers, Canadian Newsstream offers the most recent news content and archives that stretch back into the 1970s. It features content from newspapers, newswires, and broadcast transcripts in full-text format and is cross searchable on the ProQuest platform. Canadian Newsstream provides researchers with unmatched access to over 190 Canadian newspapers and over 560 current Canadian content news sources. Canadian Newsstream offers:
- Access to the national and leading regional newspapers in Canada, including The Globe and Mail, National Post, Montreal Gazette, Ottawa Citizen, Toronto Star, Regina Leader Post, Edmonton Journal, Calgary Herald, Vancouver Sun and the Victoria Times Colonist. Canadian Newsstream also includes hundreds of other local, regional, and national titles from throughout Canada.
- Daily content loads for many newspapers, no paywalls, and very deep backfile with some titles dating back to the late 1970s.
- Local and regional coverage that allows patrons to track news at the geographic source, including the key national and regional newspapers that patrons need from every region of Canada.
- Robust searching with basic and advanced search options help users of all types find news articles quickly and efficiently.
- Newspapers LibGuide: https://proquest.libguides.com/news_home
ELN Sites may choose to subscribe to one or more of the following collections within the Canadian Newsstand database:
- Major Dailies: includes major daily papers from across Canada
- Canadian Newsstream: Complete: includes all titles from the Major Dailies collection as well as the now defunct Pacific Collection
Last updated: June 2021
ELN sites currently use the ProQuest interface to Canadian Newsstream. Historical statistics can be found using the instructions for the SLRI interface.
ProQuest usage statistics:
Electronic usage reports are part of the ProQuest Local Administrator Application. To access this feature, you must have a Local Administrator ID and password. Please contact ProQuest Customer Service to have a Local Administrator account set up (phone 800-889-3358 or email firstname.lastname@example.org). To login to the ProQuest Local Administrator, point your browser to http://proquest.umi.com/lad
- Click "Usage Report."
- Select the report type. Several options are available.
- Select the time period you want covered by the report ("Usage Period")
- Select the delivery method: email or display to screen. If you have any questions, please contact ProQuest customer service (phone and email given above.)
- BCIT - MAJOR DAILIES
- Camosun College - MAJOR DAILIES
- Capilano University - MAJOR DAILIES
- College of New Caledonia - MAJOR DAILIES
- Columbia College - MAJOR DAILIES
- Douglas College - COMPLETE
- Emily Carr University of Art & Design - MAJOR DAILIES
- Justice Institute of British Columbia - COMPLETE
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University - COMPLETE
- Langara College - MAJOR DAILIES
- North Island College - MAJOR DAILIES
- Okanagan College - MAJOR DAILIES
- Simon Fraser University - COMPLETE
- University of British Columbia - COMPLETE
- University of Northern British Columbia - COMPLETE
- University of the Fraser Valley - MAJOR DAILIES
- University of Victoria - COMPLETE
- Vancouver Island University - COMPLETE
- Yukon University - COMPLETE
To RENEW Major Dailies or Canadian Newsstream, no response is required from current subscribers as listed above. To CANCEL or to CHANGE OPTIONS, libraries should contact BC ELN by the response deadline.
Late joins are permitted and prices will be prorated from the point of access.